New firmware update is available for the Surface Pro 4
Although the Surface Pro 4 has released for a year, it is still not without issues.
Luckily, being Microsoft’s own product, it gets frequent update love from the Windows 10 maker, and its first update in 2017 brings improved system stability and better battery life during sleep, among others.
Here’s a summary of what’s included in the January 18 release:
- Microsoft – Firmware – 2.0.302.0 – Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update 2.0.302.0 improves keyboard stability.
- Intel Corporation – HIDClass – 220.127.116.11 – Intel Precise Touch Device 18.104.22.168 disables touch when cover is closed.
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration Service Device – Surface Integration Service Device 22.214.171.124 improves battery life during sleep.
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration – Surface Integration 126.96.36.199 improves battery life during sleep.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Storage Firmware Update – Surface Pro 4 – Surface Toshiba Storage Firmware Update driver 1.1.617.0 improves storage performance.
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – Surface Embedded Controller Firmware 103.1414.256.0 adds support for an upcoming product release.
- Microsoft – System – 103.1413.258.0 – Surface System Aggregator 103.1413.258.0 adds support for an upcoming product release.
- Microsoft – Firmware –106.1414.768.0 – Surface UEFI 106.1414.768.0 improves system stability.
For what it’s worth, the Surface Studio desktop AIO also gets its first firmware update this week.